Epic Fail :(

Well as you can see by my lack of posting recently, my resolution in July to read less books but actually finish and review them has not worked out very well. I definitely am reading less books that's for sure - but more like just not reading at all.

I'm still on the same place with the few books I have open and have been for about a month now. They are ones that I have promised to review so I really want to finish them and do the reviews.  So this is just a quick message to say I'm still here and I'm still trying.  I have another blog which I have been trying to get up and running and the content is a bit easier for me to write as it's just personal life stuff. I have been focusing a bit more on this one recently.

If you want to check it out it is called kiwigirl in Suwon, South Korea and it's about my life in South Korea, also some other random stuff like music I like and other things but mainly centered around Korea. It's going pretty well but harder to get followers as it lacks the community that you get with the book world - everyone visiting each other sites, commenting and following.  That's one thing I really love about my book blog, finding like minded individuals.  I am getting lots of page views however, so that is encouraging - I just hope some people find it useful or interesting.

One thing I did on my other blog to make sure I posted, even if it was just a few words, was to institute a 'Music Monday' post where every week I post a link to some music I like or think is interesting and worth sharing.  I think I might need to do that here also to give me something that I have to do every week - it needs to be something easy so that I do it even if I only have a short amount of time to post.

I'm thinking that it might be something to do with covers because I love cover art, there are a couple of artists that I've started to follow over the years as I kept recognising their work.  I think that they deserve more attention as for me the cover is what makes me want to look at the book in the first place. I know you are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but - come on who doesn't?

Anyway I will keep thinking on it and get back to you soon with my (hopefully) brilliant idea for a regular segment.

That's all for now,
kiwigirl

Comments

  1. Looking forward to your updates!

    Maybe you can try one of those cover love memes or maybe similar/diff. country cover contests?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment